Plants First, Fish Next

The original intent of this journal was to chronicle the trials and tribulations of the struggling twenty-something, as I searched for love and happiness in the small city-burb of ManchVegas, NH. Now, I'm thirty-something, I've found love in many forms, happiness in even more, and now the struggle is just... well... life. And finding time to do the million and one things I want to do- including writing.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blast from the Past: Blond Ambition

"Blast from the Past" is where I share photos from my past that hopefully explain some of my odd behaviors.  Or at least illustrate how far I've come in my 30 years.


Mr. Fixit's son's wedding.  

I've been a brunette most of my life, but like all women I enjoy a change and I figure, what's easier to change then your hair?  You can perm it, color it, cut it, and if it sucks it'll grow out.  So, the summer after my freshman year in college I thought I would go SHORT and BLONDE.  I had images of chic pixie-like models in my head with wicked cheek bones and a punky fairy look.  As you can see, I am not quite chic, pixie like, or blessed with wicked cheek bones.  This was about as feminine as I could get it to look.  It did look pretty punk once I started getting roots.  But overall I knew this look would not work for me when I only got hit on by girls that summer.  Often very cute girls, but still.... not my team.




Smarty, me, and Face as bridesmaids. This is the reception. We all hated the dress. Sorry, C, we still love you.

Since I rarely learn from my mistakes, I decided to go blond again.  This time I was living in CT with my cousins and I *knew* it would be different!  I would look glamorous!  And tan, yeah, maybe that!  Why?  Because my hair was *long*.  Derp.  wrong answer.  I didn't look hideous, but I did look a bit like a tragic romance novel heroin suffering from consumption.

Dear future self: NEVER FORGET THIS! YOU ARE NOT A BLOND!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I loved your short blonde hair and mens' undershirts phase. It was before we were close friends and I remember admiring your moxie.

     
  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger leeapeea said...

    Ha! Thanks, Heather. I almost forgot about my Hanes V-neck+no bra phase... Perhaps ill advised, but cost effective for sure.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home