Plants First, Fish Next

The original intent of this journal was to chronicle the trials and tribulations of the struggling twenty-something, as I searched for love and happiness in the small city-burb of ManchVegas, NH. Now, I'm thirty-something, I've found love in many forms, happiness in even more, and now the struggle is just... well... life. And finding time to do the million and one things I want to do- including writing.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blast from the Past: Drinking Problem?

"Blast from the Past" is where I share photos from my past that hopefully explain some of my odd behaviors.  Or at least illustrate how far I've come in my 30 years.

Damn my hair is long...  

This is me around 10 years old on the co-ed rec soccer team in NJ where I grew up.  See the boy in the picture?  He's drinking out of a sports water bottle.  What am I drinking out of?  A Rubber-maid cocktail shaker with a beer coozy.  Thanks, parents.  No, that's not an Aubin Margarita in there, though the nasty "Citrus Gatorade" flavor (which they've since taken off the market) is about the same color.

All parental fails aside, this was actually a really great vessel for sports.  The top came off so I could put plenty of ice cubes in, the spout was wide enough to get big gulps without dribbling all over the place, and it had a cover that was easy to open and close.  It probably helped that I didn't recognize this as an cocktail shaker until about 7 years later.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    That is *so awesome*. Also, it explains *so much*.

     
  • At 11:10 AM , Blogger Kristin Marie said...

    That's fantastic. Makes me want to post the picture of me at 3 months in the beer cooler, literally "on ice."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home