Plants First, Fish Next

The original intent of this journal was to chronicle the trials and tribulations of the struggling twenty-something, as I searched for love and happiness in the small city-burb of ManchVegas, NH. Now, I'm thirty-something, I've found love in many forms, happiness in even more, and now the struggle is just... well... life. And finding time to do the million and one things I want to do- including writing.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Off the Wagon

Thursday I rescheduled my run to Friday so I could buy shoes. Friday became socially packed, with two things to do right after work, plus meetings all day. Despite that, I attempted to run during my "lunch" break. I ran for a little more than three quarters of a mile on the treadmill and my feet were hurting too much. Saturday I had trapeze class and a date with Seacoast Writer while she was sequestered inland for a few hours. Sunday hockey practice was at a reasonable 11am, but still got there late, then headed up to My Runner's house for laundry, projects involving PVC piping, smoked pork, and snuggles.

Notice the almost complete lack of running in there? Yeah, I did too. I bet my body does too.

The plan is to get 2.5 in today on the treadmill at lunch. I hate running at lunch - the locker room at the gym is 8,000 degrees, so I'm never NOT sweaty (dear gyms - AC in the locker rooms is a good thing), plus I've eaten either right before or will be eating after so I'm never really in a good place food-wise. But tonight I'm going to see Minni-McL's Improv show in Boston right after work, soo....

I've always had a difficult time balancing my social engagements and my commitments. Apparently my training commitment is no different. Maybe I'll just have to get used to lunch time running.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home