Plants First, Fish Next

The original intent of this journal was to chronicle the trials and tribulations of the struggling twenty-something, as I searched for love and happiness in the small city-burb of ManchVegas, NH. Now, I'm thirty-something, I've found love in many forms, happiness in even more, and now the struggle is just... well... life. And finding time to do the million and one things I want to do- including writing.

Friday, November 20, 2009

New Shoes!

Buying shoes is nothing new for me. It is my chocolate, my massage, my glass of wine (well, when I don't actually have a glass of wine). New shoes are my ever loving delight, and having just the right shoes to complete the outfit (or just the right outfit to complement the shoe) makes my day.

Last night I went to a store I've never been to before. It's in downtown ManchVegas, stocked with a ton of shoes and very helpful salespeople. The gentleman that serviced me was nice, knowledgeable, and brought me a total of 8 different pairs of shoes before I found the right ones. They're perfect:








Yeah.... I got running shoes. Real, true, actually good for my feet running shoes.

It was such a bizarre experience for me to be a tried and true shoe shopper and yet have NO IDEA what I was looking for in a pair of shoes. I went specifically to Runner's Alley for a bit of assistance. First they watch you jog a little, asses your stride and foot etc., then throw a bunch of shoes at you and ask you what feels good. Apparently, different shoes are made to "correct" different issues in your stride.

I ended up with the Brooks Adrenaline pictured above. The reviews all seem to say the cushioning wears out after about 130 miles, but at $89.00 they were actually pretty economical as far as running shoes go. My other options were all above $100; I'd rather start cheap and find out I don't like these than start expensive and find out I don't like THOSE either.

One thing I don't really like about them - they're white. I hate bright white sneakers. They look waaay too new at first, and then they look like crap. But I didn't buy them for looks (really, I didn't. They had these totally cute Saucany's that were also nice but were $130 and I didn't get them. See?). I bought them for function. I'll be testing them today when I "lunch" at the gym for my 2.5miles. Hopefully they're keepers.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home