Plants First, Fish Next

The original intent of this journal was to chronicle the trials and tribulations of the struggling twenty-something, as I searched for love and happiness in the small city-burb of ManchVegas, NH. Now, I'm thirty-something, I've found love in many forms, happiness in even more, and now the struggle is just... well... life. And finding time to do the million and one things I want to do- including writing.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Runner

It's possible that I loved crewing because I was spending time with someone that I'm completely head-over-heels for.

After 6 weeks, spending 36 hours straight in a truck together is a make-or-break situation. Luckily for me, it fell on the "make" side. It was awesome to spend that time with him. We worked well together as a crew, but we also had fun together. He's turned me on to the Free Beer and Hot Wings morning show - not my typical NPR fare, but mostly hilarious. We sat on the back of the truck and read books together. An aid station at the Antrim Rest Stop on Rt. 4 provided beautiful maples under which to play frisbee or lay on the grass and canoodle. Even when one of us was tired or cold or otherwise uncomfortable, it was helpful to have the other there.

It's scary and exhilarating to like someone like this again. And I think I'm doing things right this time. He's open and honest, and it makes me want to be completely open and honest with him. I think cutting through the bull (not that I ever gave much, but still) is opening up lines of communication I had forgotten could be there.

And not to kiss and tell, but man are things clicking in bed. It just.... I don't even know how or why but... maybe it's that whole honestly thing. Maybe I just trust him. Maybe it's chemical. "Some people... just smell like... home." yeah.

So, yeah, we started dating shortly after The Boy (wow… who knew how apt THAT descriptor would prove to be) and I broke up. And actually not long after My Runner broke up with his ex. But, it felt right, even from the start. And you know what? It still feels... really right.

The origin story, for those of you who are not daily in my life, will eventually be told in small or large detail.

Oh, and if you want to read about the RANH (and see some pictures) from the perspective of the guy who actually RAN it:
RANH Part 1
RANH Part 2
RANH Part 3
RANH Part 4

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    "Luckily for me, it fell on the "make" side."
    As in, "make out" and "make luuuurve."
    I'm so happy you're clicking, and I can't wait to meet this man! MAN, I said.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home